A message from the Maine Child Welfare Action Network. Midcoast Maine is part of Region 2.
As you may have heard, Governor Mills announced in her State of the Budget address that the Department of Health and Human Services is partnering with the Maine Child Welfare Action Network to develop a plan for strengthening families in Maine. Our goal is to develop a Child Safety and Family Wellbeing Plan that will guide our collective work to keep children safe by keeping families strong.
We need your help to shape the foundations for a family strengthening plan to:
1. Reduce child abuse and neglect, and risk factors associated with it, by strengthening families.
2. Empower individuals, communities, and organizations to play a meaningful and well-organized role in the prevention of child maltreatment.
3. Develop a Child Safety and Family Wellbeing System that recognizes that everyone has a role and responsibility to support families and prevent child abuse and neglect.
The Network invites you to join us online for a Community Collaboration Session to support the development of the Child Safety and Family Wellbeing Plan. Regional sessions will be held on:
Region 1: March 15th from 4:30-6pm
Region 2: March 21st from 4:30-6pm
Region 3: March 23rd from 4:30-6pm
During these sessions, we will:
• Consider the essential components of an effective and coordinated system to prevent child maltreatment in Maine.
• Explore how state and community partners can best work together to strengthen families and prevent child abuse and neglect.
• Discuss what needs to be in place to support ongoing collaboration as the Child Safety and Family Wellbeing Plan is implemented.
Please click here to register in advance for any of these online sessions. Please note that these sessions are open to anyone who would like to attend – please feel free to share with others.
If you have any questions, please contact our Network Coordinator, Melissa Hackett, email@example.com.
We look forward to the conversation.
The Maine Child Welfare Action Network