HOURS: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
TELEPHONE: (877) 930-7351
WCAP’s Health Insurance Navigator Program aims to help you navigate the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Health Insurance Marketplace is a way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. Through the Marketplace, you can access quality health plans, make apples-to apples comparisons between different options, and access tax credits that could lower your monthly premiums right away.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE?
To contact a Navigator in Waldo County, call 1-877-930-7351
There are several ways to get coverage through the marketplace in Maine:
- To find a Navigator outside of Waldo County, contact WMCA at 1-855-806-7333
- Apply online at www.healthcare.gov
- Apply by phone at 1-800-318-2596
- Submit a paper application through the mail
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT NAVIGATORS IN MAINE?
- Navigators can provide you with in-person assistance to help you apply for and enroll in coverage through the marketplace.
- Navigators will provide fair and unbiased advice. They are not affiliated with any insurance company and will never try to steer you toward a specific option.
- Navigators can help you access programs that could lower your monthly health premiums and your out-of-pocket costs.
- Navigators can help you understand the difference between the coverage options available to you.
- The service provided by a Navigator is free.
For more information, visit www.healthcare.gov
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
- There is no longer a penalty if you don’t have insurance.
- Open enrollment is November 1 – December 15 every year.
- Special enrollments are available year round.
The project described was supported by Funding Opportunity Number CA-NAV-13-001 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Contents provided are solely responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the office views of HHS or any of its agencies.