MidCoast Connector Non-Emergency Transportation broker serves all MaineCare members living in Waldo, Knox, Lincoln or Sagadahoc Counties and in Brunswick or Harpswell. Call toll free: 855-930-7900
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
TELEPHONE: (855) 930-7900
FAX: (207) 218-1159
CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT COVID 19 INFORMATION
Opportunities to help people get to important medical appointments
- Receive mileage reimbursement to drive yourself of a family, Friend or Neighbor medical appointments
- Receive mileage reimbursement to drive clients to approved medical appointments
- Join our network and being reimbursed for driving as a volunteer driver
- Join our network as an established transportation company
- Full and part time employment driver opportunities
- Start and grow your own transportation business
- Join our network as a ride share provider
Easy to get started: We will take you through the process and provide ongoing support, training and education.
For more information simply email us any time:
Appointment Eligibility Information
When calling to schedule transportation to a medical appointment with MidCoast Connector, here is what you will need to know:
Timeframe for Calling:
- Out of State Appointment: as far in advance as possible, at least 7 days before the appointment
- Ride Request: at least 2 business days before the appointment
- Mileage Reimbursement: before appointment start time
- Full name, date of birth, address, and telephone number of the MaineCare member with the medical appointment.
- The MaineCare member’s MaineCare number.
- Medical provider’s name, physical address, and telephone number.
- Directions to the medical provider’s location.
- If any special accommodations are needed
- Date and time of the appointment
To be eligible for transportation or mileage reimbursement, appointments are required to be made with the nearest medical provider defined by MaineCare. Prior authorization may be required by MaineCare for medical transports that do not meet the nearest provider definition or are unusual in nature or if prior authorization from your medical provider is needed.
MidCoast Connector arranges transportation to non-emergency medical appointments for eligible MaineCare members with no means of driving themselves, or no family member, friends or neighbors who can help drive them to their medical appointment.
To check if you are eligible for transportation to a non-emergency medical appointment simply call the toll free number at (855) 930-7900 two full business days prior to your medical appointment and speak to one of our customer service representatives.
We do schedule transportation to same day medical appointments for urgent care after verification with the attending physician.
For children and youth under the age of 16 to travel alone, you must provide a signed consent form by a parent or legal guardian prior to transport. Click here to download a consent form or simply call us at (855) 930-7900, option 2 if you prefer us mailing or emailing you a consent form.
Transportation requests may be denied for the following reasons:
• Lack of MaineCare eligibility.
• Prior authorization denial.
• Lack of provider eligibility.
• Not providing two full business days advance notice.
• Inability to verify the appointment with the medical provider.
Denial letters will be mailed on the same date that the medical transportation request is denied, with instructions to appeal MidCoast Connector’s decision to deny the transportation.
Scheduled rides cannot be guaranteed. If there is no ride availability, you may ask for mileage reimbursement or reschedule your appointment.
Follow the following simple process to receive reimbursement for driving to approved non-emergency medical appointments:
- Call MidCoast Connector toll-free at (855) 930-7900 with your appointment information prior to your appointment. You must call with your appointment information prior to going to your appointment in order to receive reimbursement.
- Complete the reimbursement form in full; instructions are on the back of the form. Fill in:
- Member Information
• First and last name
• Physical address, including the town and zip code
• MaineCare number
• Date of Birth
• Email (Optional)
• Signature and signature date
- Driver Information
• First and last name
• Mailing address
• License number
• License expiration date
• Email (optional)
• Signature and signature date
- Appointment (Medical/Service Provider) Information
• Medical or Service provider name
• Physical address
• Date and time of the appointment(s)
- Take the reimbursement form to your appointment.
- Have your medical provider verify that you attended the appointment by signing the reimbursement form (blue or black ink is preferred) and completing the appointment/service date. Make sure they use the box located in the lower center portion of the reimbursement form.
- Please look over all forms before submitting them to be sure that all required fields are filled out. This will help with your eligibility for reimbursement and may prevent reimbursement delays.
- Drop off or mail the form with all eligible receipts and required paperwork to:
9 Field Street, Suite 201
Belfast, ME 04915
If you need more reimbursement forms you can download them by following this link. Or simply give us a call, and we will gladly mail you more forms.
MCC Self Drive Reimbursement Calendar
MCC Direct Deposit Form
For more instructions, or if you have questions, please call us toll free at (855) 930-7900. We always enjoy hearing from you.
Self Drive Form Letter and FAQ
Self Drive EXAMPLE
Cancelling A Trip
It is extremely important that you call MidCoast Connector at 855-930-7900, as soon as possible, if you need to cancel transportation to your MaineCare medical appointments. It is considered a no-show if you fail to call MidCoast Connector to cancel transportation appointments within 2 hours before your scheduled pick up time . When no-shows happen, other members can be made to wait or even miss their rides entirely.
Frequently asked questions and answers. If you have any other questions, simply call us toll free at: (855) 930-7900.
Question: Do I have to be a MaineCare member to receive services through MidCoast Connector ?
Answer: Yes, MidCoast Connector is a MaineCare Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) Broker. To learn more about regulations governing non emergency transportation please use the following link to Section 113 of the MaineCare Benefits Manual: Ch. II – Section 113: Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) Services
Question: What holidays are MidCoast Connector closed?
Answer: The MidCoast Connector office is closed on all regular Federal and State of Maine holidays:
New Year’s Day – Mon, Jan 01, 2024
Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Mon, Jan 15, 2024
Washington’s Birthday – Mon, Feb 19, 2024
Patriots’ Day – Mon, Apr 15, 2024
Memorial Day – Mon, May 27, 2024
Juneteenth, Wed, June 19, 2024
Independence Day – Thursday, Jul 4, 2024
Labor Day – Mon, Sep 2, 2024
Indigenous Peoples’ Day – Mon, Oct 14, 2024
Veterans Day – Mon, Nov 11, 2024
Thanksgiving – Thu, Nov 28, 2024
Thanksgiving Friday – Fri, November 29, 2024
Christmas Day – Wed, Dec 25, 2024 (observed)
* Holidays that fall on Saturday are observed on the preceding Friday; holidays that fall on Sunday are observed on the following Monday.
Question: How do I file a complaint?
Answer: To complain about any service received by or through MidCoast Connector, please call our toll free line at (855) 930-7900 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 7am to 5pm, and select option number 6. After filing an initial complaint, a MidCoast Connector complaint resolutions specialist will follow up with you as early as possible to record and investigate your complaint fully.
Question: Do I need to call MidCoast Connector and get the travel approved prior to the appointment to get reimbursed?
Answer: Yes, in order to get reimbursed, you need to call our toll free line at (855) 930-7900 and schedule the appointment prior to going.
Question: Who can get reimbursed for driving me to an appointment?
Answer: You can add the name and address of any friend, family member or neighbor who is to be reimbursed directly on the reimbursement form.
Question: How much notice do I need to give to arrange a ride if I cannot drive myself?
Answer: If you have no means of transporting yourself to a medical appointment, and no friend, family member or neighbor who can drive you, we need 2 full business days notice to arrange for a ride to be provided for you.
Question: Can I schedule rides during the weekend?
Answer: If a ride is needed for the weekend, it must be scheduled with two business days notice (Monday through Friday from 7am to 5pm).
Question: What do I do if I am being discharged from a hospital or otherwise need to schedule an urgent ride with less notice? Can I schedule urgent rides during the weekend?
If you cannot take yourself to the urgent appointment or if no friend or family member can take you, we do schedule urgent, same day, transportation needs 24/7 via our regular toll free line at (855) 930-7900, which is available only for urgent ride needs overnight during the week and on weekends & holidays.
If you have other questions please call us any time Monday-Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM at Tel (855) 930 7900
Inclement Weather Cancellations
The safety of passengers and drivers is always our highest priority. When the weather gets bad we will, occasionally, cancel transportation to all appointments with the exception of urgent appointments.
Our general guidelines for weather cancellations include:
If snow fall for the following day is projected to exceed more than 2 (two) inches throughout a significant area of our region, transportation may be cancelled for the entire next day.
If icy roads are projected to occur throughout a significant area of the region, transportation may be cancelled for the entire next day.
MidCoast Connector may, depending on projected hours of inclement weather, decide to cancel all transportation for only part of the next day.
All trips that get canceled due to inclement weather are eligible for self-drive reimbursement through the Family, Friends and Neighbors Program. To receive reimbursement you must call MidCoast Connector at tel: (855) 930-7900 to have the trips reschedule prior to the time of the appointment.
If snow or other bad weather causes cancellations in your area, MidCoast Connector will post cancellation notices on the Waldo CAP web site and the Waldo CAP Facebook page.
Make sure to check either of these websites to see if MidCoast Connector trips are cancelled due to weather:
Please note that any trip being rescheduling due to the inclement weather cancellation policy remains subject to all standard MidCoast Connector scheduling procedures.